To Our Valued Customers,
The health and safety of our team, members, customers and communities have been your Central Alberta Co-op’s number one priority throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We are saddened by the news of all those who have; been affected and we want to be diligent about doing our part to prevent more impacts. We would like to share the efforts we are making at all our locations so that we can ensure you will have a safe and healthy place to shop.
• All your Central Alberta Co-op locations are cleaned and sanitized daily as part of normal business, but all locations are increasing the frequency of cleaning, especially on high-touch surfaces.
• We are working with team members to ensure that they have current information on prevention so they can stay healthy or stay home if they are feeling ill. These practices are informed by Health Canada and the Government of Alberta.
• We have implemented an early morning shop for seniors, those with auto-immune diseases that are high risk as well as those with mobility limitations at 4 of our food locations; Innisfail, Lacombe, Red Deer — Deer Park & Timberlands. Timberlands Pharmacy will also be included.
• We have temporarily discontinued all food sampling programs in all our food and gas bar locations.
• All self-serve items from our food and c-stores have been temporarily discontinued. This includes all bulk bin items, coffee, roller grills foods, salad bars and bakery items, among others. Our teams will be happy to package these items for you. We have discontinued the use of the Growler Bar at our Timberlands liquor location as well as all liquor tasting/sampling events.
• Due to the high demand for some products, we have placed limits on the quantities available to purchase. We will also make sure that our prices on essential items remain stable throughout this challenging time.
• Signage and visual cues are being installed in our food stores to remind guests of proper social distancing practise while shopping.
• Our pharmacies are ensuring continued drug supply by filling a maximum one-month supply of all medications.
• Our food, pharmacy, gas bar and liquor locations have temporarily adjusted their hours of operation. Please see below all the changes.
• The administration office as well as our agro locations are closed to the public. Teams can be reached by phone or email. Payments on account can be made online through your banking establishment, by mail or here.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We are asking all our guests to take precautions to ensure the safety of all our team members as well as all our guests.
• Please remember to practice social distancing. Always maintain 1 or 2 metres between you and others.
• If you are ill, have travelled internationally in the past 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19, please do not visit our locations.
• Please do not shop in groups if at all possible.
• We ask that you keep your reusable bags at home and encourage you to use our plastic grocery bags. We are temporarily waiving the charge of these bags and they can be returned for recycling on your next visit. For those using reusable bags, they will be required to bag their own purchases.
• In an effort to reduce cash-handling, for the health of our team members, we are strongly encouraging the use of credit or debit payment rather than cash.
• Please be patient and kind to our team members. They are going above and beyond to ensure that the shelves are stocked and are taking extra breaks during the days to keep their hands and high-touch surfaces sanitized.
We are doing everything in our power to ensure that your Central Alberta Co-op locations are safe. Thank you to everyone for the kind words to our team members and for being considerate to each other in our locations. It is a true testament to the awesome members, customers & communities we surround ourselves with.
We have established a Pandemic Team that meets daily to review the status of COVID-19, the precautions being taken at our locations to keep our guests and team members healthy & safe and how we can continue to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Should we be faced with one of our teams members or guests contracting the virus, we have a Confirmed Case Toolkit in place. This toolkit includes step by step procedures to ensure that we are limiting the exposure to other team members and guests.
Plexiglass shields have been installed in all of our food, liquor and gas bar locations. These shields will be installed at our Farm & Home Centres in the near future.
Security guards are in place at our food locations to ensure that shopping carts are sanitized.
Many of our locations have seen adjusted hours, please see below for most current changes.
In order to ensure proper social distancing, we are limiting the number of customers in our locations at any one time. Thank you for your co-operation with this change.